[sems-general] December South East Makerspace Meet-up

Martin Walshe martin.walshe.irl at gmail.com
Mon Dec 9 23:35:10 GMT 2013

Hi everyone,

This months meeting is on this Saturday, 14/12 @ 4pm in Revolution Bar. Mick
Shanahan and Magdelena Lipinska of Sonic Arts Waterford are going to talk
about SAW Fest 2013 which brought local, national and international
sonic/electronic/visual artists to Waterford last September. Up for
discussion will also be hopes and plans for the 2014 Festival and how SEMS
might contribute to the next SAW fest.

Further to this we have reached a milestone for the Makerspace, we received
the keys to our very own space, the former Munster Express Printing Works
on Thomas Hill.
http://goo.gl/maps/xbgRn<http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fgoo.gl%2Fmaps%2FxbgRn&h=3AQE6mjJJ&s=1>
After the meeting anyone interested can head down to see the new space and
fully paid up members can also receive their keys. Work to tidy the
building and make it our own should begin after Christmas (any and all help
is welcomed!).

Also a few of our mugs appeared in a nice write up about the Makerspace by
the Waterford News & Star during the month, if you fancy a read a copy of
the page can be viewed at http://bit.ly/1brN2Nl.

Hope to see you all at the meeting.

Regards,
Martin.